[Freedombox-discuss] The Freedombox Economy

Matt Dodson war2none at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 25 13:57:22 UTC 2011

From: war2none at hotmail.com
To: melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Subject: RE: [Freedombox-discuss] The Freedombox Economy
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:49:57 +0100

DigitalCoins are complex thing, to have any worth or to build in value, one shouldn't be able to to pluck them from the air, Bitcoin has the risk of counterfeiting nail down, as every coin is unique and although there's only a possible 21million Bitcoins, which seems too few to take off as an everyday currency.

I think it would be easier to do a paypal thing rather than creating a currency from scratch. It would take monitoring, tweaking and quantitative easing, which is best done by a central bank, which doesn't sit well with the FBx concept. On top of that money is looking like an exhausted concept, as no-one seems to have solutions to the global financial crisis, all their old tricks have failed.

I think embracing economies is important for the FBx, I think it should embrace all economies; fiscal, barter and gift, excluding the theft one obviously.

-m-