[Freedombox-discuss] The Freedombox Economy

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:39:41 UTC 2011

(First post here, hi! :)

Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:05:07 +0200, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On 25 September 2011 15:58, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:07:35AM +0200, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>> Just a crazy thought:
>>>
>>> Why not create a bitcoin derivative and put it on the freedombox
>>> (perhaps also with opentransactions as glue)
>>
>> There is no reason to not allow a nonmining bitcoin client on
>> the system to be on the standard depository, at least as an
>> installable option (bitcoin clients needs both storage and network
>> bandwidth even when nonmining, so activating it by default
>> would not a good idea).
> The current client is non mining by default.
> Just to be clear the proposal is not to use bitcoins themselves but to
> create a fork specifically for FBX.  All bitcoin chains start with the
> number "1" ... however the derivatives could start with, say FBX.  And
> the rules of the system could be tweaked appropriately according in
> the fork.  Other projects such as solid coin have taken this approach.
> B/W IS an issue.  But the proposal is to leverage the mass power of
> the FBX network essentially with an aim of reducing hardware cost
> (hopefully to zero!) thereby achieving mass penetration.

In the domain of alternative moneys you could visit the really interesting
site <http://www.creationmonetaire.info> (in French) which is talking
about bitcoins, free and unfree moneys, citizen’s dividend/basic income
guarantee and other related things.

I think also it could be valuable to put an alternative money in the
Freedom Boxes.

Sébastien