[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0729 Available

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Fri Aug 3 14:45:10 UTC 2012

Ted Smith <tedks at riseup.net> writes:

> I'd like to suggest that by default, the Freedombox have no wireless
> network password.

While I understand and mostly agree with your reasoning in general, I
thought I'd mention that for the upcoming reference image release, I
actually plan to not enable the wireless interface at all by default.
This neatly side-steps the continuing need for an out of tree driver for
the wireless interface in the Dreamplug to operate in AP mode, among
other things.

Once we have more Plinth goodness actually wired up, making the choice
of client or AP and some basic configuration available for the interface
should be easy to control in the initial turn on process.

Bdale