[Freedombox-discuss] Who's interested in project management & collaboration tools? And...

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Aug 5 04:24:13 UTC 2012

Jay Sulzberger wrote:

>>> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947703258/smart-notebooks-keeping-on-the-same-page-across-th
>>>

> Perhaps just limited encrypted Usenet?

Funny you should mention that.  NNTP is, to my mind, the world's
greatest messaging protocol.  Back in the day, Netscape built a
"collaboration server" that added access controls and some management
functions to an NNTP server - it was an incredibly powerful tool.

In some sense, the model sitting in the back of my mind, is:
- NNTP (with encryption and crypto-based access controls)
- easier management of (private) group creation
- messages containing HTML & JavaScript that can do some embedded
threading (think about sending a Wiki page, the initial page shows up as
a news message, edits are automatically applied rather than showing up
as separate messages)

> Also perhaps:
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joeyh/git-annex-assistant-like-dropbox-but-with-your-own
>
> with a daemon that labels files, presents histories, and such like.

Yes... saw that a while back - does look really interesting.

Miles