[Freedombox-discuss] uap8xxx.ko kernel module

bnewbold at robocracy.org bnewbold at robocracy.org
Wed Aug 22 18:44:37 UTC 2012

[follow up to RE: FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0819 Available]

I've posted the method I used to get my dreamplug (older 8868 WiFi
chipset) working as an accesspoint using the libertas_uap/uap8xx kernel
module:

https://github.com/bnewbold/dreamplug-libertas_uap

This repo includes a .ko file that seem to "just work" with the most
recent weekly unstable image, as well as build directions.

As noted in the LICENSE file, this is all very dirty and potentially
infringant and would make kernel developers moan and pull their hair out,
though the libertas_uap files are indicated as GPL.

--bryan