[Freedombox-discuss] Best way to get involved?

Michael Rauch l15t at miranet.ch
Sun Feb 5 20:35:46 UTC 2012

On 02/05/2012 07:35 PM, James Vasile wrote:

> Every once in a while I post a list of tasks to this list.  I should put
> them on a web page.  Here are some current todos.  If you are interested
> in any of these, please contact me for more information.
>
>[...]
>
> Config layer design.  We would like the front end to talk to a middle
> layer that handles system config.  That middle layer then talks to the
> system and sets options (e.g. by twiddling text files).  No work had
> been done on that middle layer so far and it needs to be designed from
> the ground up.

RedHat's Augeas project might fit in the config middle layer:
http://augeas.net/

The website says: "Augeas is a configuration editing tool. It parses
configuration files in their native formats and transforms them into a
tree. Configuration changes are made by manipulating this tree and
saving it back into native config files."

Cheers,
Michael