[Freedombox-discuss] Feedback on Freedombox from Hacker News

Daniel Bryan danbryan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 06:53:42 UTC 2012

Good to see the "you know this stuff will never catch on meme!!!"
apparently never gets old but I think this quote was pretty key:

If you want a project of this nature to see widespread use it will have to
> be fun, usable, and pretty.

I don't think it's facetious to say that 'fun', whatever that actually is,
will be absolutely key. People *love* to refresh Facebook endlessly, even
though they're usually dissatisfied with what they get. I wonder whether
it's possible to find a sweet spot where you still have some level of
Gameyness to the experience of a social network, without all carefully
tuned the psychological exploitation and carrot-and-stick stuff?