[Freedombox-discuss] Some advice on moving Plinth forward?

Alistair Davidson alistair.l.davidson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:29:35 UTC 2012

The big target for routing / privacy has to be zeroconf. The box has to set
itself up, and only require user intervention if they have an unusual setup
or they want it. A very important technique is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_disclosure , which is the superior
option to having "expert mode"s and the like.

I think we should make the decision now to call any service/webapp/plugin
running on the box an "App". The word annoys the hell out of me but it's
widely understood.

App installation and management seems another obvious thing to include in
early UI; presumably as we proceed this will become more and more central.