[Freedombox-discuss] FBx Configuration Management

bnewbold at robocracy.org bnewbold at robocracy.org
Sun Jul 1 22:23:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, 23 Jun 2012, Nick M. Daly wrote:

> Bryan, thanks for sending this along.  I don't have any answers, but
> these are pretty fundamental questions.

Thanks for the reply!

Does anybody else have any guidance or insight? This is more than I want
to bite off on my own. In case this thread fell off the radar, the
original message is here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/freedombox-discuss@lists.alioth.debian.org/msg03428.html

> I know there was some talk about using James's withsql [0] package for
> at least storing custom application-specific settings (for, i.e., Plinth
> and FreedomBuddy) but that doesn't really solve configuration management
> problems.  I'd like to see something that can be hooked into Plinth and
> built upon there, but maybe there are other, more important criteria.

Does anybody know any details about said system? Searching the wiki and
discuss mailing list archive didn't turn up anything helpful. Is there
some other medium where development planning is taking place?

-bryan