[Freedombox-discuss] my experience with make weekly-card

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:37:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 23:28:41 +0100, Nick Hardiman <nick at internetmachines.co.uk> wrote:
> If, like me, you want to follow Nick's instructions for building a
> fresh image, here's the 18 step procedure I followed.
>
> ...What do you think?

Nick, thanks for putting this together, it's very detailed and went
about as well as it could go.  Could you put this on the wiki, maybe?
I'll add it to the README before too long.  I've fixed step 16, so it's
done automatically now.  Also, the output you're seeing in step 18 is
entirely correct.  That's exactly what I see, and you've identified the
important lines.

> This won’t work. My SD card is device sdb, not sdc.
> sudo sh -c "sed -e 's/sdc1/sda1/g' < source/etc/fstab > /media/freedom/etc/fstab"
> sync
> sleep 1
> umount /media/freedom/boot
> umount /media/freedom
> Build complete.

Don't worry, that actually does work, it's running in a different
context than where you think it is.  The fact that your plug booted
shows it worked the right way.

> Finally an image is copied and zipped up.
> The end. Hooray! The SD card is ready for the DreamPlug.

Also, with that last step: you can customize the image any way you
want and then release it as your own weekly image, if you'd like.

Nick