[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Weekly Unstable Image 2012.0706 Available

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:25:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:01:44 -0500, "Nick M. Daly" wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:57:35 +0200, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> > Doesn't seem to be online right now..?
>
> It won't be until later tonight or tomorrow.  It's in my suitcase right
> now.

Doesn't appear that I'll have the wired Internet access I need to get
the plug and the pi online, so it'll have to wait till Monday,
apologies.  In the mean time, however, you might want to check out the
horrifically named freedombuddyLocation that I threw together today [0]:

    /ugly_hacks/santiago/scripts/freedombuddyLocation.py

It's a console script that gets hosting locations from the FreedomBuddy
system.  Now, you can say ridiculous things like:

    export HTTPS_PROXY=`python freedombuddyLocation.py --key=bob --service=http-proxy`

And viola, you have an HTTPS proxy environment variable ready to be
batted around by shell scripts at whim.

A whole bunch of options on that thing, so take a look at the
interpret_args function, or run:

    python freedombuddyLocation.py --help

I'd appreciate it mightily if anyone could come up with a less annoying
name.

Enjoy!
Nick

0: https://github.com/NickDaly/Plinth/tree/santiago/ugly_hacks/santiago/