[Freedombox-discuss] Funding UI development

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 18:32:52 UTC 2012

Hello Freedomboxers!

Is there a way to specifically donate funds for UI development?  Kind of like a domain-specific kickstarter?

It's just that I've noticed a common thread in all the FB dev lectures I've watched so far: at some point they all mention that not only is the UI the part that's gotten the least work so far-- which is understandable at this point in the project-- but also that UI development is what traditionally gets shortshrifted in free software projects.  The reasons given seem to be a) it's boring, b) tedious, and c) costs a lot of time and money.

I don't know how to address the boringness, tedium, or time, so that's why I'm asking if I can provide (modest) funding specifically for that domain when it comes time to do the work.  Or is there already money set aside for this purpose?

Thanks,
Jonathan