[Freedombox-discuss] Evidence of debugger

Rick Hodgin foxmuldrster at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 19:21:56 UTC 2012

Exactly.  There were debug registers in the i386 that weren't always made public.  In fact, even today there are only a few of the 8 that have documented features.  It is likely the other ones exist as well.

Later Intel and AMD CPUs have MSR (model specific registers) which give particular information about their runtime behavior.

But, having a technology like vPro, which is so blatant in what it could theoretically do given Intel's published specs on what it is known to do, and having the guy I spoke with repeatedly not being able to say categorically that no such technologies existed within the chip, that's something else.

You're reaching to go from the existence of debug regs and UUIDs to a government conspiracy.  Evidence is required.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin