[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: The "new" FreedomBox logo (Was: Re: Condemos: FBx UI & Potential Distro)

James Vasile vasile at freedomboxfoundation.org
Thu Mar 1 19:39:19 UTC 2012

<#part sign=pgpmime>
Robert Martinez did the new logo in consultation with folks on the
Visual list.  Anybody was welcome to participate and there were many
rounds of revision.  Robert's work is quite good and comes complete with
a FreedomBox logotype and a style manual for guiding use of the logo.

As Luka knows, I like the Gnu too!  My test runs with the Gnu-in-a-box
found that it didn't print well on small items and some designers told
me it was somewhat unwieldy to use in practice.  I think we'll still
find use for the Gnu in a box, but the FreedomBox Foundation is going to
use Robert's excellent work on, for example, the
freedomboxfoundation.org website and on Plinth.

I should have announced the new logo some time ago.  Apologies to Robert
and everybody else for not doing so.  I'll write something up.

Best regards,
James