[Freedombox-discuss] WSJ Data Transparency

James Vasile vasile at freedomboxfoundation.org
Wed Mar 7 02:45:42 UTC 2012

Friends,

I spoke with Juilia Angwin today about the Wall Street Journals' data
transparency project.  They're hosting a hackfest weekend to give back
to the community and do interproject, big picture stuff.  If you're a
dev and are interested, sign up now as it's filling fast:

http://datatransparency.wsj.com/

Also, they have travel stipends available.  Please apply and let me know
when you do.

Note, the product of this weekend might benefit FreedomBox, but the
hacking is likely to be less FreedomBox-specific than our last
hackfest.  Still, it's a chance to meet and I hope whatever comes out of
this weekend will be to our benefit.

Thanks!