[Freedombox-discuss] Tools to speed up development on the freedombox

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Mar 9 08:41:16 UTC 2012

On 12-03-08 at 07:58pm, Nick M. Daly wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 00:44:59 +0000, Stefan Cocora
> <stefan.cocora at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to help speed up development on the freedombox's various
> > software by using three established open-source tools to create
> > virtual machines that can be easily distributed, destroyed and
> > recreated... Let me know if you think this is a helpful idea for the
> > freedombox project.
>
> Stefan, that's wonderful!  Can you either: add that to the wiki or
> turn it into a set of scripts that can do some of the basic setup
> steps automatically?

Please also initiate the process of getting those tools into Debian.
Vagrant is packaged already but the others I believe is not.  So please
file ITP or RFP bugs for the others - and perhaps get in touch with the
Debian maintainer of vagrant and see if perhaps she/he/they are
interested in maintaining those too.

More on ITP/RFP here: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1

More on vagrnat in Debian here: packages.qa.debian.org/vagrant