[Freedombox-discuss] Tools to speed up development on the freedombox

Stefan Cocora stefan.cocora at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 11 14:43:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

   Apart from veewee, vagrant and puppet are already packaged for debian.
   As a first step I'll create a vagrant box based on debian wheezy with
some puppet code to get a standard working environment. I'll put it on
github once it is ready. It will be an organically  growing repo as
requirements come in for additional packages/config files to add.
   I've browsed Laurent Bigonville's(vagrant packager) debian qa page
and I've seen he has started to package veewee as well. I'll be in touch
with him to check on veewee packaging.
   Another think that I want to look into , given time, is to create a
qemu box from Bdale's freedom installer. Not sure if that is possible at
this stage ...
   I'll let you all know once I have the vagrant box up on github.

PS: I've been using vagrant/puppet to test, on a local VM, the packages
and configs that I install on my dreamplug for 6 months now.

Regards,
Stefan