[Freedombox-discuss] updates to plinth

Mathieu Jourdan mathieu.jourdan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:47:42 UTC 2012

Le 10 mars 2012 19:12, Sean O'Brien <me at seandiggity.com> a écrit :
> I just updated Plinth with a close-to-final version of the default theme.
>
> Repo: https://github.com/seandiggity/Plinth
> Screenshot:
> https://github.com/seandiggity/Plinth/raw/master/themes/default/screenshot.png
>
> ...it's only slightly different than the version I sent around in the
> past.  Comments welcome.

Hi Sean,

Here are a few comments :

- my girlfriend took briefly a look on it, she said those colours were
for males.
- it looks nice !
- the single-line menu bar is better than the previous one
- javascript must be enabled to get something useable
- when the alert-info box is empty, I think it should not appear
- the footer should stick to the bottom of the screen when possible
- I like the icons but there are under non-free license :
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/
- to me, everything under "router", "privacy" and "sharing" are
services, so the later should be replaced with something like
"identity management"

And one question : is the web browser supposed to be running on the
plug or a remote computer (e.g, why listening on localhost only)?

Mathieu