[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Hackfest in NYC, July 9 - 12

Nick M. Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon May 7 01:19:05 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Another FreedomBox hackfest is approaching!  This next hackfest is
scheduled for Monday July 9, through Thursday July 12.  After the
hackfest, you should also swing by the HOPE conference
(hopenumbernine.net), which goes from July 13 through Monday, the 15th.

The last FreedomBox Hackfest was an absolute blast (see [0 - 3]).  It
was amazing to meet so many people with so many great questions and
ideas for the project, in person (over the world's largest slices of
pizza).  During the hackfest, we exchanged ideas and plans for building
a freer Internet and even got some work done (over coffee and cookies,
of course).  I don't think there was a person there who didn't get
something useful or inspiring out of it.

In short, save the date.  If you'd like to participate or just swing by
to watch the progress, please let James Vasile know (so he can keep an
approximate count).  If you have ideas, suggestions, or requests for
stuff to do at the hackfest, please swing by or ping the list with them.

Thanks for your time,
Nick

0: http://freedomboxfoundation.org/
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkbSB4Ba7Ck