[Freedombox-discuss] the Soekris net6501

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Thu May 24 18:54:59 UTC 2012

This is my last piece of hardware research, I promise! I have to get back to writing up my notes.

René Luckow at Soekris Engineering, Inc. says the net6501 (http://soekris.com/products/net6501.html) is their newest productline and by far the most powerful product they've made. It's built around an Intel Atom, not ARM. If you're disappointed in the dreamplug performance and can afford this board, René says all the components are fully supported by Debian.

Nick Hardiman
nick at internetmachines.co.uk
@intmachines