[Freedombox-discuss] Developing code for Freedombox

alberto fuentes pajaro at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:51:40 UTC 2012

Im on the same boat as you. I just bought a dreamplug a week ago with
wheezy preinstalled and im still messing with it. AFAIK there is no need
for jtag if there is already a bootloader installed. I didnt need one so
far.

There is an irc channel in irc.debian.org called #freedombox... i guess you
can find people interested there :)

regarding things to do, it really depends on what you want to do. I think
theres is plenty of fun stuff to do yet.
for example, i think they need help to package owncloud. There is an ITP
for owncloud v2 [1]. In the middle v3 came out, and a few days ago v4 came
out. It seems upstream is a fast moving target and they need people to keep
up :)

In my case, im still identifying my use cases and making some perl scripts
to make my own set up work :P

The software is intended to work in regular boxes and Im still kinda new to
debian, but my advice for you is to get a dreamplug, make it work for you
the way you expect it to work, and you will be able to find blockers and
plenty of room for improvement for yourself :)

also, the wiki is full of crazy ideas if you lack some...

greets!
aL