[Freedombox-discuss] "Innovation Under Austerity"

Isaac Wilder isaac_lists at freenetworkmovement.org
Sun May 27 21:31:22 UTC 2012

I asked Dewayne to elaborate, here was his response:
" I thought that I'd address this part of your email separately. What I
referred to in my remarks is a device called a transverter aka linear
translator: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transverter>. Hams have been
using these devices for years now. Ubiquiti calls it their 'Frequency
Freedom Technology' and has patented it as applied to a Wi-Fi chipset.
They have used it to put a Wi-Fi chipset in the 900 MHz and 3650 MHz
bands. This way, they didn't have to build a new, proprietary radio to
operate in those bands. I'm including a couple of their PR docs on this
from 2006.
"

imw