[Freedombox-discuss] More cheap hardware

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Nov 14 15:28:39 UTC 2012

Quoting Sandy Harris (2012-11-14 15:31:15)
> Slashdot points to a PC world article on a $57 board that
> runs Debian. There are links to competitors too.
>
> https://www.pcworld.com/article/2013622/tiny-57-pc-is-like-the-raspberry-pi-but-faster-and-fully-open.html

Thanks.  Would be nice though, if you mentioned a bit more details about
the content you link to.

Above is an article about the OLinuXino A13 board which we are already
tracking at one of our many wiki pages:
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware

It is indeed an exciting board.  It is Open Hardware, and is expected to
soon be followed by its bigger brother, A10, containing ethernet port.

I have one of those boards (but haven't taken time yet to play with it),
and it is actively used by a FreedomBox project in Leipzig:
http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/UniLeipzigPractical