[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Unstable Image 2012.0903 Available
Nick M. Daly
nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:47:40 UTC 2012
Hi folks, welcome to the eleventh weekly FreedomBox test image and
The image is available at:
Today's image was produced with:
$ make weekly-image
These images include several FreedomBox-related projects. The changes
are changes made by project contributors in the last week that have made
it into the test image. The outstanding TODOs are the changes needed
before the beta-release is complete. If you'd like to contribute in any
way, fork and send me a pull request.
- The DreamPlug won't boot the image in either the microSD or USB
format. The VirtualBox image boots fine. Please help with
debugging this one.
- The smallest microSD card I now have is 4GB. I've tried to size the
image so that it fits on a 2GB card, but if it doesn't fit, please
let me know.
- FreedomBuddy is finally its own repository.
- The VirtualBox image better approximates the DreamPlug image, thanks
- The VirtualBox image now requires PAE to boot.
You must check the "Enable PAE/NX" check box in VirtualBox's VM
settings page: System -> Processor -> Extended Features
Freedom Maker: https://github.com/nickdaly/freedom-maker
- The setup process generates GPG keys for user.
- Setup generates GPG and SSL keys for the box itself.
- Turn DHCP (for clients) on/off through Plinth
- Select DHCP or Static IP in Plinth
- Integrate basic OpenVPN settings into Plinth
- Integrate Dnsmasq into Plinth
- Integrate FreedomBuddy into Plinth.
- Hook FreedomBuddy into SSH.
- Add more OpenVPN FreedomBuddy setup instructions.
FreedomBox Privoxy: https://github.com/jvasile/freedombox-privoxy
- Privoxy should use the released HTTPS Everywhere regexp ruleset.
- Add enabling and disabling Privoxy to the Plinth UI.
- Build an SSH-VPN connector.
- Fix Outstanding FIXMEs
PlugServer Setup: https://bitbucket.org/nickdaly/plugserver
With SQLite: https://github.com/jvasile/withsqlite
More information about the Freedombox-discuss