[Freedombox-discuss] uap8xxx.ko kernel module

Jason freedombox at lakedaemon.net
Tue Sep 4 18:37:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 08:59:50AM -0500, Nick Daly wrote:
>  I'm not good enough at managing my branches (always forgetting which
>  one I'm on), and a lot of folks (including me) would be kind of
>  horrified to find ambiguous code in the core.

This has been a great help to me over the years. [1]  It's a rather
heavy bashrc that leverages PROMPT_COMMAND to update the prompt every
time it is printed.  I use this to let me know the state of the git repo
I am currently in.  It's largely based on the work of others, I've
modified it a bit, but not too much.

The first time I enter a large repo, say linux.git, it takes a second to
print the prompt, but it's quick after that.  Definitely worth the added
complexity.

hth,

Jason.

[1] git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/bashrc.git