[Freedombox-discuss] [James Vasile] tinc rollout and fbox

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Sat Aug 10 17:33:03 UTC 2013

Nick Daly <nick.m.daly at gmail.com> writes:

> There's been some recent work on Tinc that I'm really excited about.
> Also, I just re-discovered an email featuring old work on Tinc that I
> completely forgot about.  If you're interested in Tinc, check out
> tinc_rollout (github.com/jvasile).  I'm pretty sure this is what the FBX
> should use to connect peers.  The only obviously missing piece is
> opening firewall ports per subnet.  FreedomBuddy can be used to exchange
> Tinc configuration details, and that's PGP-key specific, so we've pretty
> much handled the all-important exchange of authentication details.
>
> Poke at it, let me know what you think.

i know spanish can be a turnoff but we're working something similar at
librevpn[0], including scripts to manage nodes, links and host files
exchange.  i'm in the process of making it installable as a package, and
we have an ipv6 subnet so you can reach nodes from internet :)

[0]: http://librevpn.org.ar
[1]: https://github.com/fauno/librevpn

--
http://endefensadelsl.org