[Freedombox-discuss] Novena vs. Olinuxino

ST smntov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 15:38:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm not a hardware profi and was looking around to buy a small arm
computer to run Debian on it. I watched the FreedomBox video from
DebConf yesterday. Novena project
( http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3265 ) was mentioned there with
significant excitement because its an open hardware project. My question
is - how is Novena better than the open hardware project OlinuXinu
( https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/ ) that is also appears on
the FreedomBox's TargetedSoftware webpage? Is Olinuxino not completely
open? Are there some binary blobs? Why to wait for Novena if Olinuxino
is already there and runs Debian out of the box?

Thank you.