[Freedombox-discuss] Approved hardware?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Aug 21 12:50:35 UTC 2013

Hi Jack,

Quoting Jack Wilborn (2013-08-20 20:43:00)
> I was wondering how something gets on the approved hardware list.
> I keep being drawn back to the Minnow board as an open hardware
> platform.
> Is this voted (ha ha) on or what is the procedure?

I believe there is no "approved" hardware, but instead some requirements
and some concrete boards fitting those requirements and therefore
relevant to consider:

  https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/HardwareRequirements

  https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware

Please include a URL when mentioning new devices.  I assume you are
referring to http://www.minnowboard.org/ - reason I skip that board in
the "Targeted hardware" list is its price: There are quite a few devices
already on the list, and I currently use the DreamPlug price tag as
threshold.