[Freedombox-discuss] Novena vs. Olinuxino

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Aug 25 17:54:58 UTC 2013

Quoting ST (2013-08-25 14:54:41)
> While looking for suitable hardware I found this:
>
> http://linuxgizmos.com/crowdfunding-a-custom-linux-sbc-the-easy-way/
>
> It looks like one can order custom board if ordering 50 or more units.
> Maybe one can ask it to be boxed (and maybe open-sourced?).
>
> What do you think?

I think it's irrelevant - if you want to simply inform: I have no need
for 50 boards - even if I buy also to my brother and niece.

I think it's a noble but risky idea - if you want to resell boards to
FreedomBox developers: I'd recommend waiting for a more mature
FreedomBox software stack.

I think you're emailing the wrong list - if you want formal action on
this: Seems the FreedomBox Foundation operates only through their
self-hosted mailinglists, whereas this Debian-hosted list relates to
software development (and a little design and dreaming and...).

Regards,

 - Jonas

P.S. No need to cc me discretely - I am subscribed to the list.