[Freedombox-discuss] How efficient is the freedombox privoxy?

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 21:51:32 UTC 2013

I remember this site, or one like it.

I seem to be unique as well, which is a bad thing.

 --

*Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 3,317,711 tested
so far.*

*Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at
least 21.66 bits of identifying information.*

*The measurements we used to obtain this result are listed below. You can
read more about our methodology, statistical results, and some defenses
against fingerprinting in this
article<https://panopticlick.eff.org/browser-uniqueness.pdf>
.*

 --

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>wrote:

> Hi.  I just tested the privoxy setup in freedombox using the browser
> fingerprint service availalbe from
> fingerprint appears to be unique among the 3,317,576 tested so far".
>
> I was using Opera as a web browser, which was said to provide at least
> 12 bits of identifying value, while the most significant part was
> HTTP_ACCEPT Headers (I got Javascript mostliy turned off).
>
> This experiment made me wonder exactly what privoxy is providing in
> freedombox, and how efficient it is.  Can we adjust something to make
> it more efficient?  Perhaps sort HTTP accept headers?
>
> --
> Happy hacking
> Petter Reinholdtsen

*"Anything created must necessarily be inferior to the essence of the
creator."
-- Claude Shouse (shouse at macomw.ARPA)
"Einstein's mother must have been one heck of a physicist."
-- Joseph C. Wang (joe at athena.mit.edu)

*