[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Networking Interface Config?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Dec 17 10:04:22 UTC 2013

[Nick Daly]
> Hi folks, I'm trying to fix the /etc/network/interface
> misconfiguration in the Freedom-Maker generated images, but I'm not
> sure where best to apply the fix.  The underlying issue is that the
> interface file doesn't include these lines:
>
>     allow-hotplug eth0
>     iface eth0 inet dhcp

Why 'allow-hotplug' and not 'auto'?  'allow-hotplug' is obsolete, as
far as I know, and require network-manager to be running.  I did not
plan to use network-manager, but only ifupdown.  Should we use
network-manager?

> If you have recommendations on how to patch the Freedom-Maker [0] or
> FreedomBox-Setup [1] packages to handle this case, I'd appreciate
> your help.

The network setup is done at first boot in
freedombox-setup/first-run.d/05_network, and there I was told by
jsullevan to use eth1, not eth0, on the dreamplug.  What is correct?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen