[Freedombox-discuss] random numbers (was: Key Splitting ...)

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Fri Feb 8 23:34:38 UTC 2013

> Like most other crypto, these schemes fail if the box lacks
> an adequate RNG. I know the topic has been discussed
> before. Does the Box as currently set up handle this?

The DreamPlug does not have a good source of randomness.

Bdale and Eben's recent video from FOSDEM mentioned an "open hardware"
laptop from Bunnie Huang that "looks promising" as a possible future
platform.  It is described here:

  http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=2686

Would someone who's in touch with Bunnie suggest that he
include a cheap RNG in the platform?

	John