[Freedombox-discuss] /etc/init.d/first-run

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 22:53:22 UTC 2013

I'm getting back up to speed. I've upgraded u-boot on my year-old DreamPlug, ran make weekly-image and had an initial look. First thing that strikes me is deletion of the first-run script (https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker/blob/master/source/etc/init.d/first-run). The first time the dreamplug is fired up this script (and its symlinks) are executed and deleted.

The script didn't wget the WIFI firmware. I had no network cables plugged in the first time (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2012-August/004434.html), and second time I had no MAC addresses (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2012-November/004822.html).

Presumably it ran flash-kernel (http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/flash-kernel) and it definitely deleted itself.

Worth changing?

Nick Hardiman
nick at internetmachines.co.uk