[Freedombox-discuss] WebID, was: chat over websockets

Henry Story henry.story at bblfish.net
Fri Jan 4 19:07:47 UTC 2013

On 4 Jan 2013, at 19:47, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Henry Story (2013-01-04 18:26:31)
>> I have had undergraduate javascript starters do whole apps in js in a
>> couple of months work. You may want to look at the slideshow of this
>> Social Web app for example.
>
> Heeey, please be nice, Henry!
>
> This is FreedomBox: Slideshows is of little interest here - actual code
> is, coded to be usable under tight resource constraints, and copyleft
> licensed so it can be part of Debian.

Sorry forgot to send the link to the screen cast
 http://grayfoxkiller.free.fr/screencast-lifeshare.ogv

The code is here:
  https://bitbucket.org/rblin/lifeshare-4.0/commits

It should be a couple of functions to write:
  1. do an HTTP GET on the WebID from JS - go through a proxy
  2. use the received graph to get a bit of info about the person

TimBLs code is W3C licenced, which I think is compatible with
GPL.

Anyway, I just want to point out that with WebID the message
is ease of use, power, user friendliness beyond what other
protocols allow. So demos should rise to the occasion to show
what can be done there.

Henry