[Freedombox-discuss] Hello & A Beginner's Question

Peter Rock gnuosphere at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:29:24 UTC 2013

Hi, I'm new here and my name is Peter. I received a box from the
Kickstarter effort and I'm trying to figure out how to get started. Sorry I
am very new to this and don't really know what I'm doing but I want to
learn about this device/software.

Following the Aug 2012 user guide, I got up to part E. Basic Procedures for
Debugging. I have installed the required software (minicom) and plugged in
the box correctly, I believe. I also ran the setup and changed the settings
and then saved. But when I run

minicom -o marvell

at the terminal it doesn't offer any output.

One thing I did different is that the guide says to use Fedora 14 but I am
running Fedora 17. Does this make a difference?