[Freedombox-discuss] BitTorrent Sync - unfree software?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 00:12:28 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Good catch; there's a suspicious dearth of information about how
this will be licensed when finally released.  Curious to see how they
respond on that thread.

Anyway, its frontend has the right approach-- encryption by default,
no assumption that "LAN" means "secure", and scales using proven
technology that doesn't try to reinvent the wheel.  That's an approach
that should be used in FBX.

-Jonathan