[Freedombox-discuss] BitTorrent Sync

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:15:06 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-30 at 10:14:58 -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> > From: Elena ``of Valhalla'' <elena.valhalla at gmail.com>
> > one significant usecase for git-annex is condivision of files
> > between computers in one own home, using only devices under
> > you control (e.g. usb storage devices).
> We just assume the LAN to be secure for these use cases?

local in git-annex is not in the LAN sense, but in the "directly
connected to a PC, and accessible via the filesystem" sense:
hard disks, usb keys, etc.

If you can't trust the connection between your own usb key and
your own PC (because e.g. the PC is compromised) encryption
isn't going to help.
--
Elena ``of Valhalla''