[Freedombox-discuss] why choose new OSHW (Open Source HardWare)

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 18:07:39 UTC 2013

> Building a FreedomBox software stack is the most difficult task for the
> FreedomBox community. Any developer who is interested in the FreedomBox
> is needed and should be welcome. Let's not exclude people because they
> don't have the chosen hardware.

An idea:

Built a p2p (distributed) wiki.  Using Ward's original wiki at c2.com
as a model, use WikiWords to make a content-indexed network of
information.  Whoever creates a WikiWord is the host for that page's
content.  People find such named content pages via interlinking
(WikiLinks) -- there need not be any global search function and in
fact, it's better for there *not* to be, for security purposes.

This, to me, is the killer app for the freedombox.
--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington