[Freedombox-discuss] MinnowBoard

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 19:13:45 UTC 2013

 > Also, even though it appears to run on 5 v, there is no indication of
> current requirements or temperature range.  I think any board that required
> air or heat to operate will void dropping this into lots of earths areas,
> requiring some type of building.

Jack,

Your power consumption questions are over my head. :-) You should use
Google+ and help get these answers directly from the Minnowboard people.

It looks like, at this point, Google+ is the main way to communicate
with the Minnowboard people:
https://plus.google.com/101378268367730737515/posts/CfCUtwhCaXd

As for lack of power supply, have you ever used a PandaBoard or one of
the BeagleBoards? None of them have power supplies, part of the
accessories. Perhaps you've been spoiled by the DreamPlug, which has
relatively innovative enclosure from GlobalScale, that includes power
supply, and AC or DC support. :-)

Re: getting priced out of the market, this is a dev board market is not
consumer market. The minnow as-is wouldn't be a consumer box for the
FBX, some OEM would have to make a Minnow-based box, using this dev box
as the model.

Intel is good at using Embedded Linux Conference for marketing. Here's
their last Minnow talk:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/images/elc2013_scott_garman.pdf