[Freedombox-discuss] why choose new OSHW (Open Source HardWare)

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:12:40 UTC 2013

Link fixup, the github link has spurious letters at the end( 'The' ):
https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX Ltd <
usunov at olimex.com> wrote:

> Is OSHW  - Open Source HardWare - an acronym with a known definition (I
>> saw it when checking out https://www.olimex.com/**Products/OLinuXino/<https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/>)?
>> Is
>> it a marketing sticker or does it imply there are no resale
>> restrictions, designs are available and modification is encouraged?
>>
> Thanks for bringing to our attention how it was not clear.OSHW is defined
> at http://freedomdefined.org/**OSHWOLinuXino<http://freedomdefined.org/OSHWOLinuXino>is Open Source Hardware as meets the OSHW definition and principles, all
> CAD files and sources are public on GitHub: https://github.com/OLIMEX/**
> OLINUXINOThe <https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINOThe> Hardware sources
> are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0The Software
> sources are released under GPL.If still something is not clear I would be
> happy to clarify.Best regardsTsvetan UsunovOlimex Ltd

*Once ... in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew, and we were
forced to live on nothing but food and water for days.
        -- W. C. Fields*