[Freedombox-discuss] possible GSoC/OPW opportunity for FreedomBox

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Thu May 16 18:35:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've proposed three GSoC project areas under Debian

I've found co-mentors for RTC and OTP, but no co-mentor for PKI

The PKI work could have direct benefit for the FreedomBox project - so
if somebody with good PKI and coding experience wants to help mentor a
student in this area, and even apply their efforts to problems that will
help FreedomBox, I am more than happy for that to happen.  The project
proposals can still be refined further if necessary.

There are three people who have applied (2 GSoC students and one OPW
candidate) - feel free to look over their credentials (link below) and
share your feedback with me privately.

There is one catch: I need to find one or more co-mentors by tomorrow to
make sure this project has the best chance of being approved.

Regards,

Daniel

Student details (3 applicants):

http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications#Improving_PKI_on_Debian