[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 04:37:59 UTC 2013

I'm sure these problems have already been solved, but I'm not sure
how.  Ideas?  Patches?  Fork!

https://github.com/NickDaly/Plinth/

* Conceptual Bugs

** Communicate Securely Between Processes

The owncloud setup process has no idea what the right mysql user
password is.  How do we tell owncloud, without telling everybody else?
Is this communication Plinth can and should facilitate?

* Functional Bugs

** Blank Mysql Root User Password

The default mysql root password is blank.  Yuck.

** OwnCloud Install Sucks

The owncloud install process sucks.  It takes X minutes, where X >> my
patience, and there's no indication to the user when the install
finishes.

This was floated on IRC:

> when the user hits "enable owncloud," it goes to a page with an
> X-minute countdown timer that just updates every 10 seconds with the
> current owncloud install status.  When the install finishes, it
> opens a new tab for the user at /owncloud.  If the install doesn't
> finish in X minutes, it errors.

Nick