[Freedombox-discuss] Dev: Current Plinth Bugs

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:09:51 UTC 2013

Den 25 nov 2013 14:46 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <dr at jones.dk>:

> Hi Anders,
>
> NB! Please don't cc me.

Ops, sorry.

> Quoting Anders Jackson (2013-11-25 12:48:22)
> > Den 25 nov 2013 12:00 skrev "Jonas Smedegaard" <[1]dr at jones.dk>:
> >>
> >> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2013-11-25 11:34:32)
> >
> > There are infrastructure in Debian for handling this for both MySQL,
> > postgress and other databases. I don't remember the package name right
> > now.
>
> dbconfig-common

Thanks. That was the name of the package.

> > The package doesn't use the infrastructure to create users and
> > databases yet. They might want a patch for that.
> > As it is now, you have to create user and database yourself.
>
> I suggest to file a bug against the Debian package about that.

It is known, read the package README file.
But as I understand they like patches for those known things if you are in
a hurry and want to try it out with that.

> >> If Debian-packaged owncloud does not automatically use the backend
> >> installed, and ask through debconf when multiple ones are installed,
> >> I'd say that's a bug in the packaging - no matter upstream defaults.
> >
> > Look at the package in Debian's package database...
> >
> >> I don't know if that's the case, since I don't use PHP-based
> >> applications.
> >
> > It isn't.
>
> I suggest you to file a bug against the Debian package about that.

Why?

> ...If you use it and agree it a big, that is.

That is not a big problem, as there are support for both mysql and
postgress, depending on which support package you install to owncloud. Just
check in Debians package database.

>  - Jonas

/Anders