[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Oct 10 12:08:09 UTC 2013

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> Listed at https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware#Unsuitable

It sure is.  What was the reason you added dropped Raspberry Pi from
the wiki 2013-08-13 21:35:37 and added it back under the Unsuitable
heading 2013-08-18 00:04:41?  Was there some mailing list discussion
leading up to this classification?

To me, the fact that it need some non-free binary blobs is an
unfortunate situation that we should try to correct, not a blocker
from using it, given its huge user base.  And I would be willing to
use the debian arm arch and sacrifice some performance to avoid having
to use a Debian derivative.  After all, the missing hardware floating
point will mostly affect the HDMI output we do not care much about.

How many of the mailing list subscribers got a Raspberry Pi and how
many got a Dreamplug?  I created a small poll on
relative availability in this group.  Please fill in your answer there.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen