[Freedombox-discuss] Add Raspberry Pi as a reference platform?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Oct 10 15:30:05 UTC 2013

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> Uhm - in what way is the reason not obvious from the resulting wiki
> page and the commit messages for those changes?

The reasoning seem to be based on assumtion that are non-obvious to
me.  The first part "Requires non-free blob to boot" seem quite
similar to any PC with a non-free BIOS, which I assume is not making
any PC hardware unsuitable, and "and pretty weak when using Debian -
Raspbian is not Debian" seem irrelevant (and fixable) if it have
enough performance to do the job it need to do.  This I wonder where
the assumtions/requirements that make it unsuitable have been
discussed.

According to <URL: http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5016 > there
are 1.75 million sold Raspberry Pi units.  It seem to me like a
valuable resource we should tap into. :)

> Great if soneone actually technically fixes the problem!

Yeah. :)

> I don't see how democracy helps here.

It is not a vote, it is a marked poll. :) So no democracy involved
here.

8 replies so far on <URL: http://doodle.com/xbmswycmsahy6qwp >.

--
Happy hacking