[Freedombox-discuss] Which mesh system should be included in the Freedombox?

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:53:07 UTC 2013

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> After looking a bit into the mesh options, ...

>  * Which mesh system should be included in Freedombox?
>  * What are the options and their features?
>  * What should be use to decide which one to pick?

As I see it, security has to be the first consideration for
any Box component, including a mesh system. Given
the stated project goals we should not even consider
anything unless we have good reason to consider it
secure.

If something looks desirable but has not had an
audit for security, then auditing it and contributing
fixes if needed is more important for the Box than
things like getting it into Debian or making it run
on a Dreamplug.