[Freedombox-discuss] Testing on Dreamplug

James Valleroy james.valleroy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 15:49:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I recently built a FBx image for Dreamplug using Nick Daly's branch of
freedom-maker [1]. Here are some of my observations from testing on
Dreamplug. I booted directly from the USB stick. Please note that I am
using U-Boot 2011.06 which came with the Dreamplug.

1. To get the serial console to continue working after the kernel
loaded, I had to add a console option to x_bootargs in the u-boot env:
setenv xbootargs console=ttyS0,115200

2. The USB stick device was named sda, not sdc. So I had to modify
x_bootargs_root:
setenv x_bootargs_root root=/dev/sda2 rootdelay=10

After making these changes, I was able to boot successfully. The boot
logs showed 2 failures, one related to the USB device name (/dev/sdc1
does not exist), and the other is a known issue with our dnsmasq
configuration [2].

[1] https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker
[2] https://github.com/petterreinholdtsen/freedombox-setup/issues/2

--