[Freedombox-discuss] off: Dumb idea: Alternative to Tor that promotes good behavior

Jesper Tholstrup Pedersen jespertp at mykolab.com
Thu Oct 31 19:33:34 UTC 2013

Hi flawer.

The fact of the matter is that you simply can not make such a decision
without identifying information.

You can chose to trust a friend or a service provider but wether they
chose to misuse that trust is extremely difficult for you to discover
when it comes to information streams.

As I understand your question you suggest that the trust between people
and/or service providers will somehow be more trustworthy if it has been
automated.

I simply disagree on this point and would most of the time regard the
automation of trust with a high degree of scepticism.

In my view this discussion is just a variation of the infamous "evil
bit" [1] that needs to be set.

ps. I hope you approve of me sending the reply to the mailing list.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_bit

Regards
Jesper