[Freedombox-discuss] Are there regular developer meetings on IRC?

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 21:56:16 UTC 2013

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:

> Hi.  I am aware of the project IRC channel #freedombox på
> irc.debian.org, but there seem to be little regular development
> discussion there.  Perhaps I am visiting at the wrong times, or just
> in the wrong time zone?  Are there regular IRC developer meetings in
> the Freedombox project?
>
>   <url: irc://irc.debian.org/%23freedombox >

Nope.  Good idea though.  What times work for you?  Sunday afternoons
are usually best for me.  To do this asynchronously: right now, my
current task list is:

1. Merge outstanding patches against Freedom-Maker, FreedomBuddy, and
   Plinth.  I know of at least 4 or 5 patches, one or two of which are
   huge.

2. Fix FreedomBuddy: we changed the python-gnupg library we use recently
   (to one with fewer known trivially exploitable security holes) which
   introduced a few functional issues.  Ideally, you should be able to
   "make clean; make; (point data/production.cfg at your 40-digit key
   ID); start.sh 0; start.sh 5" to complete a key exchange with
   yourself.  Don't think it works right now.

   This isn't as high a priority as #1, but took up most of my free time
   today, because I like to have the published tree of each project
   ready-to-go and because FBuddy breakage really irks me.  This
   occurred because an outstanding pull request that was published into
   the main tree too soon.

3. Make FM work on the Raspberry Pi.  This will take a month or so after
   it hits #1.

4. The rest of the TODO items on the version 1 TODO list.

5. Reply to list emails (not doing this as much as I should, today).

In my free time, I'm trying to get Lantern working on the Raspberry Pi,
because they're a really cool project.  Now, though, I'm going to spend
the rest of my free time today on merging those pull requests.  I'll be
happy if I can finish one or two.

Nick