[Freedombox-discuss] How can I get plinth listening on a public address?

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 04:48:07 UTC 2013

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:

> [Keith Fernie]
>
>> https://github.com/Keith2/freedom-maker
>>
>> It's a new file source/home/fbx/plinth-startup.sh
>> Apache2 should already be installed and this adds a proxy for Apache
>> listening on all ip's port 8001 to 127.0.0.1 port 8000
>> Latest addition is the Order allow,deny and Allow from lines.
>>
>> If you've already set up Plinth, you may have to omit the lines at the
>> end to set up and run Plinth.
>
> Right.  Based on your script, I added a setup.d/80_plinth script to my
> setup-using-deb branch to configure apache like that.  Will test it
> tomorrow.

Unless folks have other requests, I was just going to merge the
source/home/fbx/plinth-startup.sh file into a new
source/etc/apache/sites-available/plinth soon.

Also, Keith, if you open a separate branch, you can manage multiple
change tracks.

https://github.com/NickDaly/freedom-maker/pull/20/files

Nick